PINOY PRIDE XVII: Philippines vs. The World


The weigh-ins was full of excitement at the Mall of Asia on Friday.

Here are the list of the weigh-ins:

Michael Domingo weighed in at 120 pounds, while his Ugandan opponent came in two pounds lighter at 118.

Jason Pagara came in at 140 pounds, same as his opponent from Barbados, Miguel Antoine.

Rey "Boom Boom" Bautista tipped the scales at 126 pounds, but his mexican oppponent, Daniel Ruiz was 3 pounds over the featherweight limit.

Thailand's Pungluang Sor Singyu also came 1 pound over the bantamweight limit, while AJ Banal had no problem making 118 pounds.

“Pungluang will do his best.” Pariyakorn Ratanasuban, the female President of One Songchai Promotions of Thailand,said, “He will make the fans happy and give a good fight.” 

“Magandang laban ito. Bakbakan talaga,” Banal was a picture of confidence when he spoke, “I came prepared to fight in every round. If I can knock him out in the first round, the second round then good. If not, I will knockout him out in the twelfth round. I am prepared to fight even for fifteen rounds.” 

Pungluang was more certain of the outcome, “It should not be a difficult fight for me. I have seen Banal’s fights. I am not worried. I will knock him out in the sixth round.” 

“It’s good he predicted the sixth round, then I’ll knock him out in the fifth,” Banal countered. “If he says, the fourth, I’ll knock him out in the third.” 

“I am in the best shape of my boxing career.” Bautista said, “Let’s do it this Saturday.” 

Jason Pagara and Miguel Antoine of Barbados will fight for Pagara’s WBO International jr.welterweight title. 

“I did not stop training after beating Rosbel Montoya. I am well prepared.” Pagara said. 

Antoine was confident of victory and wants to face Manny Pacquiao after beating Pagara. 


Pinoy Pride XVII: Philippines vs The World takes place on Saturday at the Mall of Asia (MOA) Arena.

ABS-CBN Channel 2 will telecast the fight on Sunday, starting 10:15 a.m.

source: PhilBoxing | ABS-CBN News Sports
PINOY PRIDE XVII: Philippines vs. The World PINOY PRIDE XVII: Philippines vs. The World Reviewed by a on 3:14 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

'; (function() { var dsq = document.createElement('script'); dsq.type = 'text/javascript'; dsq.async = true; dsq.src = '//' + disqus_shortname + '.disqus.com/embed.js'; (document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] || document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(dsq); })();